Empowering Village Life in Transylvania
Connect, care and share with people in Transylvania through our crowdfunding website.
Voices of Kaláka
More than 25 years after the fall of communism, villagers in Transylvania today rely on the volunteer tradition of kaláka to rebuild and sustain their communities. If you’re wondering: “what’s a kaláka?” take a minute to watch our video: Voices of Kaláka: Strengthening Communities in Transylvania.
- Kaláka Stories: Mom Universal
- Kaláka Stories: A Necessary Gathering Place
- Kaláka Stories: Elder Power in a Transylvanian Village
- Kaláka Stories: Bridging the Divide in Datk
- Kaláka Stories: Dancing in Gyepes
- Kaláka Stories: Korond Expands On Tradition
- Kaláka Stories: Kiskede Sets The Stage for Revival
- Kaláka Stories: Mézsko Raises the Roof
- Song Keeper
- Project updates from Transylvania
Our Spring 2016 Crowdfunding Campaign is complete! All four projects met their targets, providing the matching funds needed to help four Transylvanian villages achieve their shared community goals. Volunteers will begin work this spring. Stay tuned for updates.
Support the Unitarian Kaláka Fund. Donate
The thread that began centuries ago still ties us to Transylvania. We share a passion for tradition, sustainability, and religious tolerance. We share a belief in the power of kaláka–working together to create change. And many of us share a faith history with Unitarians who live in these villages today.